COVID-19: Patient & Visitor Information
PLEASE NOTE THESE NEW PATIENT REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS in order to adhere to CDC guidelines:
1. PLEASE FILL YOUR HISTORY FORMS ONLINE at the QUICK FORMS link above. Call us at 832-685-2020 if you encounter any difficulties. THIS WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE WE START YOUR EXAM.
2. We have eliminated the waiting area to maintain adequate social distancing.
3. ALL Patients will be asked to wear a FACE MASK when they are in the premises.
4. Patients will be TEMPERATURE screened with non-contact thermometers and asked to WASH THEIR HANDS upon entry. Anyone with a temperature above 99.5 degrees will be asked to reschedule their visit.
5. Please do not bring any guests with you. All patients will be seen alone, with the exception of minors or patients with special needs.
6. We will only accept payment with VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, or CARE CREDIT cards. Cash payments will not be accepted at this time.
7. Due to the reduced number of available appointments, a $25 CANCELLATION FEE will apply to anyone that does not give us a 24 hour cancellation notice.
If you have any of the following: fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, muscle pain, sore throat, or significant loss of smell or taste, have been diagnosed or exposed to someone with COVID-19, or traveled internationally in the last 4 weeks please reschedule your appointment.
If you are considered high risk (over 65yo, asthma, lung disease, diabetes, heart condition, kidney disease, liver disease), or are immunocompromised, please reschedule your exam for July or later unless your exam is urgent.
Your health is always our first priority. Thank you for your understanding!
COVID-19 Scheduling and Sanitizing Protocols
- Patients will be asked to fill out their history forms and provide their insurance information online via the QUICK FORMS link to reduce wait time in the office.
- Patients will be asked to wait in their cars until appointment time to reduce traffic in the office.
- All Patients and staff members will be temperature screened and asked to wash their hands upon entry. Anyone with a cough, cold, or fever > 99.5 degrees will be asked to reschedule.
- The schedule has been adjusted to have no more than 3 patients in the office at the same time to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Patients will not be allowed to bring guests with a few pre-approved exceptions.
- Walk in's will be asked to schedule over the phone or online.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- ALL PATIENTS and staff members will wear masks at all times
- Face shields will be worn by staff members during pretesting, contact lens training, and whenever necessary.
- Sneeze guards and other measures have been installed to increase the safety of everyone in the premises. .
- All patient touch points will continue to be sanitized with Alcohol swabs. In addition, other touch points like table tops, door knobs, faucets and sinks will be sanitized with hypochlorous acid or clorox wipes after EVERY patient encounter.
- Staff members will wash their scrubs every day
- Patients will be encouraged to obtain OPTOMAP RETINAL IMAGING for $39 to reduce doctor patient contact. Please speak with a staff member if you have concerns.
- Extra large slit lamp breath shields have been installed to protect our patients and doctors during the examination process.
- Remote controlled autophoropters allow the doctors to do the refraction from more than 6 ft away.
- All doctors will wear a face shield when necessary.
- All doctors will wash their scrubs or clinic attire every day.
- Opticians will handle all frames until the patient is ready to try on their personalized selections.
- All Ophthalmic Frames touched or tried on by patients will be sanitized with soap and water for 5 minutes.
- Face shields will be worn by opticians assisting with frame styling and custom measurements.
- We are temporarily discontinuing cash payments to reduce contamination.
- Visit receipts will be made available online on your patient portal. Please call the office at 832-685-2020 if you have trouble accessing the portal.
EYE WEAR PICK UP
- Call us when you arrive and we will bring your products to your car!
- Annual supply of contact lenses will be shipped directly to you.
- Appointments will be needed for adjustments.